Apr 16, 2007

UPSC interview: Bhurelal,Paul roy and D P Agarwal board

Interview with Dr. Bhurelals Board
Interview date: 2nd April '07
Optionals. Geog & Psycho
Dr. Bhurelal
Q1. In a pre-war situation how will u defeat the opponent without using arms and ammunitions(related to computer engg.)
supp Q: Name of the 17 yr boy who hacked pentagon?
Q2. What is the economy of ur place(U.T. of D&N H )
supp Q: What all crops?
supp Q: What is accessibility to this place?
Q3. How will knowledge of psychology help u in administration?
Member 1
Q4: What are deccan traps?
supp Q: how many flows of lava?
supp Q: how will u find water in deccan trap region?
supp Q: Imp mineral industry of pune?
Q5. How will remote sensing help u in administration?
Q6. What r flash floods? how r they caused? where does the water go?
Member 2
Q7. What is money laundering?
supp Q: what r the sources of black money?
Member 3
Q8. Name the tribal communities and tell about their culture?
supp Q: how r these tribes diff from mainstream?
supp Q: what is EDP programme for tribals?
Q9. Rajsing Dungarpur made a statement that no indian is fit to coach the indian team... ur views?
supp Q: whats wrong with Indian cricket?
supp Q: whats wrong with indian sports?
Member 4
Q10. How will u handle a potential communal situation as an IPS in ur district?
supp Q: what if ur seniors orders are contrary to what u think is right?



Mr. paul roy's board: The board members were very very cordial and accomodating..i was most pleasantly surprised...
the chairperson began by asking me which is the *last book i read? and *two latest economic developments...which brought sensex's fall in to pic and he asked me *what i thought brought about the sudden fall? he further asked me to explain the *repo rate and *the reasons for the inflationary trends
the next board member asked me if i followed any sports? then asked me to *explain the foreign ploicy of india and *what makes india a candidate for permanent seat for UN security council?
*and if we should consider permanent membership without veto?

the next board person asked me * what problems does a common man face while dealing with govt. servants and sarkari babus...* whther it was justifies to grease the palm to get a work done?
he asked me *if i knew who moily was? and what were the recommendations of *the administrative reform committee, and *police reform committee...

the next board member asked me to name *some german literary figures and if i have read faust of goethe? and asked me why i want to switch over to civil services from teaching?

the last board member asked me *if india is justified in spending so much money on having a nuclear programme when millions go foodless and *whats the rationale behind having a space programme...*and how can we call india developed when so many people are below the poverty line??

in the end the chairperson showed me a painting with mother teresa's silhouette drawn and asked me to identify the figure...and asked me if i could guess who the painter was?

Mr. DP Agrawal's Board
In my Board, there were all 5 male members and the questions were:
1. Do you think if one is coming for an IAS interview the person shd be wearing a tie (as I wasn't wearing)
2. My prior work experience and the work profile
3. What is governance and e-governance
4. Give any practical example of e-gov
5. use of e-gov
5. what is e-business
6. urban problems
7. how you will solve the problems of traffic and civil amenities
8. Views on the company mergers and effects on Indian economy...
9. problem of global warming, causes and consequences
10. ozone delpetion
11. Alternative sources of energy
12. diff beween IT and Computer science
13. Can you recite any peom and explain the meaning ( poetry is not my hobby)
14. Can you explain the meaning of Jana-gana-mana
15. what all places you have visited
16. Diff between 2-stroke and 4-stroke engine
17 Favourite singers

I found Mr. Agrawal bit rude and unsatisfied sometime but I am not sure whether it was with me or he reacts the same way with others .. Please let me know the experience of others who were interviewed by the same board...

No comments: